Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Kosovo can improve their competitiveness by:
- Improving the quality of products, processes and working conditions;
- Reducing energy consumption, carbon emissions and energy costs
- Increasing production capacity;with the help of the financial package that has been given to ProCredit Bank in Kosovo by the EBRD and the EU.
Within this package, Small and Medium Enterprises can receive grants up to 15% of the project value (VAT is not included in the calculation of the grant) for bank loans funded projects.
Loans that are allowed to finance these projects have the following characteristics:
- Loan maturity up to 15 years; The maximum loan/loans amount within the program is € 1,000,000;
- The part of the project that may exceed the amount of € 1,000,000 can be funded by the Bank by regular loans;
In order to be funded under this project that the Bank has with the EBRD, is qualified any investment in new equipment, new machinery or renovation or construction of business facilities that meet the following criteria:
- Improves compliance with one or more EU directives in the field of environmental protection, worker safety and product quality and safety;
- All investments in high performance technology:
- Renewable energy;
- Energy Efficiency;
- Investments in buildings that must meet certain criteria;
- Climate adaptations that rationalize the use of water.